Welcome to our website !

Starting with Gouache

By 8:19 AM , , , ,


I recently got a notebook. Not a fancy one but perfect for play and just to have fun in. I work in it those days when I just don't make it out to the studio but still want to paint something. This book is not meant to be "good" but a place where I can draw my faces and try a new medium; gouache.


 My thought on gouache is that I think I really like it! I like the look of it together with watercolor and that it is so opaque. However I feel that when I paint with these Panduro Gouache that something is wanted. That they are missing something. I know that when it comes to paint you get what you pay for and in this case I think that is very true. So on my Christmas wishlist this year; a set of gouache paints, a nice set!


 I  have come up with a few steps that I follow, a receipt if you will, in this sketchbook:

1. watercolor background
2. Pencil in the face 
3. Paint the lady with gouache
4. Add details with color pencils. 
5. Start over... 
 I'm having so much fun testing out this new, to me, medium. I love the look of all of these different mediums coming together and just how opaque the paint is!



 I love the end results of my ladies with the different layers and texturs. I'm having so much fun testing out different colors, shapes and stiles!




You Might Also Like

0 comments