Welcome to our website !

The typewriter project

By 8:49 AM , ,

I have so many ideas. Some I hardly get before I do them, some might simmer for a while and some, let's just say maybe it's good that i don't do all of them...
 One idea I've had for awhile is to spray paint my typewrite that I bought this summer. It's really good, it writes and it's small, but it's ugly. So after thinking about it for a few month I decided to do it. I got spray paint, (mint color!) and started spraying.

Here you can see the hole process:

 I took it all out to the workshop and got started. First I cleaned it with "T-Röd" (alcohol cleaning thing), them I masked it of with tape and newspaper. I also planed to spray a 6x8 album.
The end result I think couldn't look better! I love how pretty and fresh it looks now!




 The album was a bit trickier, the color that I had bought didn't work on the fabric binding. But I happen to have a little brother that loves spray painting so he fixed it for me by spraying it black. Thank havens for little brothers! After that I took it to the studio and added s few white details.
 I'm so happy with this one, so much better then before!
 The inside got a black coat too.

I had a really great time and I love how it turned out. I was a bit nervous to do this, but masking the typewriter was easier than I hade thought and it looks great! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments