Welcome to our website !

Top 10 of 2016

By 6:39 AM






2016 was  a year of ups and downs. I have had sad moments and very happy ones. I made some big decisions, like going back to school. Wiola and I have learned allot during our rally and trick courses. My dad and I turn parts of our old stable into an art studio. I have found a  few things that doesn't work for me and some that makes life just a bit more... sweeter. So I though as a goodbye to 2016, a list of the sweetes things.









1. A new podcast. I love reading and I love Agatha Christe and I'm in love with the podcast "All about Agatha". Here they go through each of her books rating they to later pick the best Agatha book! I can re-listening to the episodes several times and I just can't recommend it enough if you are a Agatha-fan.

Another podcast that I listen to as soon as it comes out is of course "The ScrapGals". I just really enjoy the mix of topics and randomness that they bring. A perfect podcast for a ScrapGal.







2. Ice coffee. I don't drink coffee but this stuff is just amazing. Well maybe not amazing but pretty darn good. I think it is that taking a glass of this is part of my afternoon. I sitt down, drink this that is just for me and do my french lessons.








Image result for duolingo
3. That brings us to french- Duolingo.com 

I have for more then a year visited this site, or app, to do a few french lessons each day. It is the best way I have tried to learn a new language. The site is easy to navigate and there is so much color. I started doing this sens I just wanted to learn to speak french. I do this as a gift to myself. I invest time is learning but also giving myself something that I can accomplish every day. I don't have to be awesome, I just have to do it.

Image result for blush and gold traveler's notebook




4. My travelers notebook. This little book has been by my side for almost a year. In it I have planed, journaled and drawn. I make a new insert every month and I just love that this book grown with me. And it's really beautiful!










5. Instagram. I really enjoy instagram but more to the point, I like many accounts. One of the many is Kirsten Sevig. She is an amazing artist and her work inspires me daily! She has a gift of colors and patterns. She mixes mediums and she has a playfulness that just makes me smile.






6. Watercolors. I love to paint and last Christmas my parents gave me a 24 hole pan set of the White Nights by S:T Petersburg. These paints are so nice to work with, rich and smooth. If you want to start or considering an artist grade set, I highly recommend these!





Ali Brown7. YouTube. Youtube is a drug. I can't seem to stop watching! Some I have followed for a long time and one is Ali Brown. She has such a lovely person and always makes me happy. She often makes artsy video and showing her beautiful TNs.



TheResetGirl


One that I did find this year was The Reset Girl. I really enjoy her new serises; The late night crafty club. Sitt back a watch or do something crafty along side.




Image result for papier projekt brentano stamp set


8. I have to mention some crafty things and as I was thinking about crafty stuff and what I've really enjoyed one thing stood out. The stamps from Papier Projekt. I have used them and talked about them before so I just have  to have them on this list. I really like the designs but also the fact that it's a small business in Europe and they have such a nice and quality feel to them.

This is the Brentano set and it is the first set I got.


My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories:

9. When it comes to books I think it acutely was the last one I read this year that I liked the most. Still not sure, you know what, let's call it a tie.
"My True Love Gave To Me" is a book put together by Stephanie Perkins. It's an adorable book of 12 short stories that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

The other book that I really enjoyed was "the watchmaker of filigree street" by Natasha Pulley. This book was so well written and challenging and I love that I had no idea of how it was going to end.  I can't wait for her second book!


Agatha Christie's Marple - a Masterpiece Mystery series:


10.Now this is nothing new but a favorite no the less. I have already mentioned dame Agatha but the tv-series miss Marple is by far my favorite. I can have it on repeat for days. Geraldine McEwan is just  perfection! The setting, mysteries and humor. Just right to have in the background while painting or filming a process video.

Worth to mention is also Hercule Poirot, Miss Fisher & Father Brown.
Sensing a theme here...



The very last favorite is all of you how read my rambling blog-posts and watch my video. Thank you for this past year and I hope that you will like what I'll bring in 2017

You Might Also Like

0 comments